“Yay! I got selected for XYZ workshop! But…. what if? how do I? Why this? where then?”
Well all your questions have been answered here in this brief 10 points you need to know to survive a workshop.
1. Take a suit/dress.
For boys: Take at least 3 dress shirts and 3 different ties. So by chance if you wear the same suit over and over again, you will have a new look with different shirts and ties everyday.
For girls: Take three tops to go with a skirt or dress pants and different jewelry to change looks. That way, you will look classy, elegant, non-poor and pretty.
2. Start conversation with random strangers other than your clan members. That way, you will have more fun, more learning and the one we all want: more popular!
3. If you see someone being all shy and non-interactive, go to them, talk to them and make someone’s day by introducing him/her to new people.
4. For breakfast, eat as much as healthy food as you can. By healthy I mean, milk, brown bread for protein and some fruits.
5. SLEEP! Take your total 7-8 hours sleep. Yes I know the phrase, YOLO, but that phrase don’t work always. Partying all night and not taking sleep can make you absent minded and just as much “out of your mind” as if you were drunk. YOLO!
6. Speak! Always try to interact with the facilitators during the session if required. Make your mark by trying to groom yourself. Also this will help you in conducting your own workshops in the future.
7. The social nights are always a great thing to look up to in any workshop. Make sure, you are actually looking up for socializing and not being with that your newly met special friend to socialize with.
8. If you have an talent, make sure everyone gets to know it during the workshop. Nothing better than a good memory of a good person.
9. Yes, talk, interact, laugh with the facilitators but don’t butter the lion. They get it! As a result, you are on the hit list, may it be positive or negative which depends on your luck.
10. Be yourself! Be humble as you finish the workshop. You got it because other people did not get it. Be thankful to those others. It takes a moment to turn the tables!
Good luck with surviving the workshops coming up!
Follow us on twitter @ExchangeSs. Feel free to tweet us for any queries.